Both Stop Spammers free and premium have updates today. We’ve poured dozens of development hours into updates and, probably more importantly, testing. I did not give testing its due when I first took over lead maintenance of Stop Spammers, but lesson learned. My vision for our plugin is for it to be as indispensable as popular plugins like WordFence and WooCommerce and that vision doesn’t come to fruition without a stable plugin and a great community of website owners and developers who rely on Stop Spammers.
With these updates, we’re on to version 2020.4, which includes some pretty nifty new features, including:
- Login preferences
- Disable the ability for users to set custom passwords when registering
- Force login by email only
- Force login by username only
- More than 2,500 disposable email domains added to deny list
- Introducing a server-side firewall compatible with Wordfence’s own firewall for increase security.
Give them a test run and let me know what you think 🙂